Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wi-Fi game sharing on the PSP

Wow! The PSP amazes me again! This has to be one of the most incredible marketing tools I have ever seen for a games platform.

Yesterday one of the guys I work with got a PSP on his new cell contract. He had not yet bought any games, but I had MediEvil in my PSP, and I suggested we try out the game sharing functionality. Once again, wow! It took a little over 30 seconds to copy the WipeOut Pure demo from my PSP to his over WiFi, and minutes later we were taking each other on in a 1-on-1 WiFi match.

This has to be one of the coolest ways to demo a new game-taking someone on that has it already-he's already looking at getting WipeOut so we can multiplay (I have the full version already). I believe at the Tokyo Games Show, there were 'game sharing stations' as well, allowing attendees to try out demos on their own PSPs. Never mind having a single demo machine showing off one game, imagine the potential this has for helping you to pick a new game in-store! If the store just has a game share station with demos of all the games they stock, you can try each one and really make an informed decision, no rental necessary!

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari. and Published on Free Templates

Afrigator