Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Thursday, February 07, 2008

8 glasses of water

To balance my last, very negative post, I thought something constructive was in order. It's very simple, laughable even, but I see that "drinking 8 glasses of water" is a popular goal on JoesGoals and it makes an appearance on the Zen Habits forums on occasion too.

Being a post-transplant renal patient my water intake is really important, so that 8 glasses a day limit is something I really have to stick to even more than most people. Unfortunately with the busy lives we lead today it's not like we all sit around waiting for our next water-drinking opportunity.

I have a couple of very simple ways to ensure I get it done:

1. Have a glass with breakfast. It's good to slow down your meal with a drink anyway, I also consider mixing in a multi vitamin.

2. Take advantage of times you're already away from your desk. As examples, when you first come into the office, during your lunch break or even when you get up to go to the bathroom, pick up your drink on the way back.

3. Double up. When you go and get a glass of water, drink it immediately then fill it again and take that to your desk. You'll drink it before you even realise it.

4. Have a last glass when you walk in at home. Obvious, then you don't need to worry about it any more.

Simple, but effective. Good luck :)

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari. and Published on Free Templates

Afrigator