Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Amazing analogy

I can’t even remember the number of times I have been called to defend my Christianity, be it in casual conversation or in some heated debate online or off. In response to a post on a local Xbox 360 forum containing a link to a rather inflammatory open questionnaire to Christians, one of the forum members used one of the most bizarre analogies I have ever come across. He compares not giving God a chance to the ‘fanboyism’ present amongst console (and other high tech) consumers, and it’s probably the most appropriate way to get the point across considering the context! His complete analogy was:

“The way I see it (to use a VERY brief, and maybe somewhat oversimplified analogy), is that is equates to the whole Xbox vs Playstation story. I am an Xbox Fan, because I have had personal experience with both, and Xbox is clearly better. Some people haven't really used Xbox, and insist that playstation is better. No amount of me telling them is going to change thier opinion until they get to know the Xbox. It's the same with Jesus. I know there are a million holes in my analogy, so please don't pull it apart, but the point is that I have a personal relationship with God that has changed my life in such a masive way, I can't even begin to explain it. That is all I can say.”

Amen to that!

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari. and Published on Free Templates

Afrigator